Meet the InnoVAtor*
Learn About VA’s Infrastructure Operation (IO)
Watch these two interviews with IO’s leadership
Executive Director, Infrastructure Operations (IO)
Aired on September 16
Reggie Cummings, Executive Director, Infrastructure Operations, sits with Bill James, President of Federal Business, LLC. Their conversation covers a wide area including Mr. Cumming’s background, the size and scope of his operation, and why he’s so excited about the future.
Deputy Executive Director, Infrastructure Operations (IO)
Airs September 30, 12 PM ET
Click the registration button below to watch this interview
* Meet The InnoVAtor is a series of interviews with executives working to usher innovative solutions into the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
VA’s ‘Low Code’ Approach Accelerates Delivery of Benefits to Veterans by Bill James
A low code approach has emerged as a way to deploy applications faster and more cost-effectively. Popularized in the private sector over the past few years, its use in government is gaining momentum. One such use case is the Department of Veterans Affairs. Read more…
VA’s ”SHOULD BE” FITARA SCORECARD by Bill James
The Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) was passed by Congress in December 2014. Since November 2015, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) has released two scorecards per year grading Federal agencies’ Information Technology (IT) performance. Read more…
Links You Need To Click
- Advanced Planning Brief to Industry (APBI) slides
Welcome to Pathfinder Your personal guide to working and innovating with VA
- Digital VA. The external facing website from VA’s Office of Information and Technology (OIT).
- Digital VA Connections, the newsletter from VA/OIT. Subscribe today!
- Office of Procurement Acquisition and Logistics webpage on T4NG contractors. Click here.
- VA Tech Incubator. This VA/OIT website outlines how industry developers can build solutions based on VA data. To see a video, click here.
- Veterans Affairs Strategic Plan, FY2022 to FY2028
- Myth Busters. VA clears up many of the myths on industry engagement in this two-page document. Take a look!
VA Business Headlines Worth Reading
VA EHR ‘not even close’ to meeting patient needs right now, deputy secretary tells senators – Federal News Network
VA CIO DelBene making the cyber gates a little higher, more well-rounded – Federal News Network
Everybody talks customer experience. This Veterans Affairs manager has done something about it – Federal News Network
DevSecOps is Enabling VA’s Secure EHR Integration – GovCIO Media
VA set to grow its health care workforce with new pay incentives after Biden signs PACT Act – Federal News Network
Veterans Affairs makes a single front door for contractors and would-be innovators – Federal News Network
NCA is Using Technology to Improve Memorial Services – GovernmentCIO Media
Corrupted Patient Database Triggers VA Oracle Cerner EHR System Outage – EHR Intelligence
VA taps internal informatics director to take reins of rocky EHR rollout – Healthcare IT News
Staff shortages persist at Department of Veterans Affairs – Federal News Network
Oracle vows to get VA’s $16B EHR overhaul ‘back on track’ as lawmakers warn project could be scrapped – Fierce Healthcare